Welcome to my Blog!! I will chat about embroidery, sewing and gardening!

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Granny Bag & Ruffle Tote

Hello all!  Hope spring is treating you well so far.  Lots of rain in my parts.  I've been on kind of a purse kick the last few weeks.  I found a really cute and easy granny bag pattern on Etsy.  This pattern paired with some adorable Melody Miller fabric was a match made in heaven:) (for me at least).
 The first purse made from this pattern was a little small for all my stuff.  So I fiddled with the pattern and made myself an extra large.  I love this fabric.  Grey is one of my favorite back ground colors.  Those vintage dishes have me squishy at the knees.

The inside, pockets and some bright fun fabric.
I also found this super cute free ruffle tote tutorial.  Oh man, okay so I had to make this one too.  Can you ever have to many bags, purses or totes??!

I added some big pockets to the back of this tote.

I also added some smaller pockets on the inside.


This tote was so fun and easy to make.  Much too cute to classify as a tote, I would and will use it as a purse.  So I guess the rain can keep on coming.  It gets me in a crafty creative mood.
Wishing you a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment