Welcome to my Blog!! I will chat about embroidery, sewing and gardening!

Friday, September 23, 2011

Still waiting!

     I'm still waiting for heavens sake!  I applied for a sellers permit a couple weeks ago.  Hoping to try my hand at a craft show for the first time.  I just don't think it's going to happen.  My stuff just looks cuter in person.  I think I would be more successful doing a craft show once or twice a year.  I've been hesitating to put new items in my Etsy shop thinking the permit will magically appear in the mail.  I just can't keep waiting. I'm still trucking though.  I've been busy making and creating new things.  Trying to stay inspired and not be to critical of my work.  Sometimes I just set things aside and then look at them the next day with fresh eyes.  I painted this owl with water color  awhile back.  I drew it first as a pattern to stitch.  Well I finally stitched this cutie up.  I just love him!

I started fiddling around making wine cozies.  Put the owl on one, it turned out so cute.  This picture of a wine cozy is my first attempt, so its pretty wonky.  I couldn't live without this guy any way :)
So I've started some different variations and patterns with these cozies.  It's been fun and will be listing some soon in my Etsy shop www.vintageandwhimsy.etsy.com .



vintage wine glass pattern


wine barrel cozy

 I've also stitched a couple of wall art hoops.  A vintage style mason jar.  I love this!

"Be Tidy" inspirational quote!
 I've also made a couple of ruffle pouch combos.  This one will be called "Pretty in pink"  Listing soon!
Love the hounds tooth pattern fabric.
So I'm going to get back to work!  I hope you all have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment