Welcome to my Blog!! I will chat about embroidery, sewing and gardening!

Friday, August 12, 2011

What's inspiring me right now!


     I'm so excited to have just mailed off my first custom ordered sunglass/eyeglass cases!!!  I had so much fun working on them for my customer.  After doing her order and working on a couple of wristlets for my gal pals, I was free to become inspired and think about new creations.  Fabrics tend to inspire me a lot!  Vintage embroidery patterns inspire me too.  My kids are starting school pretty soon and my daughter requested a pencil pouch.  So she and I got our wheels turning and came up with this cute vintage dog embroidery pattern for the front of her pencil pouch. 

This dog resembles our dog Coco♥


The fabrics Hanna picked out.
 I hope to finish her pencil pouch this afternoon.  Yeay for school!!!  I recently bought some really cute earthy fabrics: mushrooms, brown polka dots, green gingham....you get my drift.  Not my normal color palette.  But I love this palette.  It inspired me to make a wristlet in my shop with a cute little embroidered deer on the front.  I think this mushroom will be next.  It goes great with the fabrics.

 I drew these arrows along time ago and I keep going back to them.  I love them.  So I'm going to stitch them up.  Maybe on a sunglasses pouch?!  Hmmmm.
Have a fantastic weekend!!  I hope to be busy stitching :)  But we are putting up a new chicken fence so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment