Welcome to my Blog!! I will chat about embroidery, sewing and gardening!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Faux Bois!!




  My favorite new word as of late!  A fancy way of saying wood grain.  I love how wood grain is fashionable right now.  It inspired me to make this sunglasses/eyeglasses pouch with the pattern.  I love nature and being inspired by it.  So the out come is a whole lot of texture on this pouch.  I just hand drew what my idea of wood grain looks like.  Some split stitch and back stitch going on here.  I blended some browns for interest and depth.  I love this pouch!  So this is what I've been working on lately.  How about you?!



   Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My! This is GORGEOUS! I too am in love with "faux bois". You have done a very nice job.

    ReplyDelete