Welcome to my Blog!! I will chat about embroidery, sewing and gardening!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Oilcloth g♥♥dies



Well I've been wanting to sew with oilcloth for awhile now.  I've been intimidated by this cloth.  It's only $8.99 a yard.  For some reason I've put this cute table cloth on a pedestal.  Well I went for it this weekend.  I found a book "Sewing with Oilcloth".  It has a range from difficult to not so difficult step by step projects in it.  So I made the makeup bag and the wallet.  I thought those were two small projects that seemed easy enough to start with.  So I bought 3 fat quarters to make these two projects per the books instructions.  I have plenty of oilcloth left over to make more!  I'm happy about that :)  So take a gander at my first attempts with the oilcloth.



Back of make up bag.

I love how the inside is lined!

Zipper detail

These pearl snaps were little boogers to put on!  I may use Velcro next time.

Lots of space for cards and cash.

Inside of wallet.

The book!
I must admit the oilcloth is a bit difficult to work with, or maybe it just takes some getting used to.  I'm definitely making more stuff with it!  It's just stiff.  I'm really happy with what I've made and excited to make more, like the super cute buntings on the front of the book.  So that's the crafty stuff I did this weekend!  I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Sew cute!! I too love oil cloth, but I haven't actually sewn with any of it yet. I love your little bags, they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete